Tuesday 16 April 2024

Fenella's HR placement at ADP

This is a guest post from Royal Holloway student Fenella Jones on the BSc Management with Human Resources pathway, who is currently undertaking an HR placement at ADP.  Staines upon Thames - based ADP is a global company which offers industry-leading online payroll services & HR software and solutions tailored to individual clients that they work with. It is so pleasing to hear how much Fenella is benefitting from her placement year experience.


"Taking the role of HR Intern at ADP has been the best decision I have made as part of my University degree yet. 

 It was quite daunting at first, starting a placement at a global company. But I quickly became settled in all thanks to the amazing team I work with. They have always been happy to answer any of my questions or run me through a process. 

 I have been able to experience all avenues of HR as well as other areas of the business through my role. The role can be so vast, but also has core tasks that are carried out regularly. 

 I've been able to work on multiple projects focusing on various areas of HR and working with different people from the team or independently. For example, I updated our Welcome Centre which provides new starters with useful information before joining, such as, details about their office location, a first day checklist, a UK benefits overview and more. It really motivates me to know my work is contributing to the business and associates' experience.

 I am also responsible for certain admin tasks, such as responding to reference requests, writing and issuing various letters, checking car allowance documents etc. 

 My role has also covered data analysis, system testing and some Excel work. But don't panic, I am no excel expert myself and there is always someone to help!

 As for the office environment, I never knew I could enjoy office life so much. There's often a fun activity taking place in the office you can take part in. Over the past 7 months I've attended a Bingo session at the office (and won 😊), enjoyed pancakes on Pancake Day, organised and attended the Global HR Summit for the Staines team and more. 

 I've really enjoyed the past 7 months with ADP and have learnt so much not only about HR but also about myself. I cannot recommend this placement, the company and team enough. I'm happy to answer any questions you may have about the role, company, or placement life so feel free to get in contact 🙂."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.