Tuesday 11 June 2019

Sabeeta's Digital Marketing placement at Ricoh


This is a guest post from Royal Holloway BSc Management with Marketing Year in Business student Sabeeta Gill who is currently doing a Digital Marketing placement at Ricoh in nearby Staines. Ricoh is a Multinational imaging and electronics company and Sabeeta was one of those representing the company at our recent Speed Recruitment event at Royal Holloway. The company is advertising a 12 month Digital Marketing placement position for 2019/20 to replace Sabeeta as she returns for her final year at Royal Holloway. YIBs are encouraged to apply here: https://careersatricoh.com/FO/P6IFK026203F3VBQB688NF6WN/components/details.html?jobId=1601&jobTitle=Digital%20Marketing%20Assistant%2012mth%20FTC


 

I have been on placement with Ricoh as a Digital Marketing Web Analyst since September 2018 and have absolutely loved the whole experience so far! Digital is a part of Marketing which is growing considerably and has been an area I’ve always enjoyed, especially after studying it as a module in my 2nd year. I have built on so many of my skills working here, not only on my understanding of Digital Marketing but also more generically which I can take with me going forwards. 

I work on and manage two key platforms – Lead Forensics and Klipfolio which allows me to put both my creative and analytical sides to use within my role.

Lead Forensics is a B2B Lead Generation Software Tool which enables us to reveal the identity of our anonymous traffic and turn them into actionable sales leads. The tool allows me to see all the activity and interest from external companies in Ricoh’s product and services, from which I can then decide whether an account should be created for the Sales team to follow up! 

Klipfolio is an online dashboard platform which allows us to build real-time dashboards which are clear and informative. I use data from social media and Google Analytics (for example) to create and design dashboards which display information to be viewed by the Marketing department and even board members.
I would definitely recommend anyone who has a passion for Digital to apply for this role, and even if you have an interest outside of Digital. The reason I say this is that you get exposed to so many areas of the business and even other parts of Marketing, such as events, which has been wonderful as it has pushed me to grow! 

What I found useful when applying to this role was my knowledge of Google Analytics and having a beginner’s level of understanding on this platform. It has definitely helped me with in my role as this is another tool I manage! Also, my passion for this field and studying Digital Marketing as a module also helped inmy application. I am really enjoying my role and a large reason for that is due to working with such a lovely and supportive team and positive work culture!

Ricoh outline the type of person they are looking for if students are thinking of applying:
                    

  • Fresh and full of great ideas on how we can drive marketing forward.
  • You’ll have knowledge of HTML code and happy to work with the team to design and modify email campaigns and templates.
  • Basic knowledge of Google Analytics with a keen interest to learn more. You’re not scared of datasets and analysing performance and reporting your insights back to the business.
  • Proficient in Microsoft Excel to produce dashboards with formulas and graphics.
  • Knowledge and interest in all things digital marketing (emails, social media and more!) – you’ll be keen to learn more about these topics and are excited to see these learnings applied in your day to day activities.
  • Not afraid to fail – you see failure as an opportunity to learn and improve.
  • Able to communicate and collaborate at all levels (executive to management)
  • Proactive: You are able to work on multiple projects at once, with limited supervision and guidance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.