Monday 18 November 2019

Take Two Interactive placements



Take- Two Interactive Software, Inc is a leading worldwide publisher and developer of interactive entertainment software, with a UK head office in Windsor, Berkshire.

The company attended our Speed Recruitment event last March and are now advertising a range of Placement positions for 2020/21. The 44 week placements are typically offered in Marketing, PR, Sales, Digital Sales, HR, Finance and IT.
Company website: https://www.take2games.com/


In order to get a flavour of the company, previous placement students have talked more about their roles.

Matt Rust - 2019/2020
Position
UK Physical Sales Intern (T2)

Degree
BSc Business Management (University of Surrey)

How did you find the application process?
I always felt there was always someone to talk to throughout the process, I never felt left in the dark. During my interview it was quite informal, this made it feel very straightforward and never felt like an interrogation. 

What do you enjoy most about your role?
I feel lucky to have such an experienced team that welcomed me from the very beginning. I think this is an ideal role for any business student because I’ve gained great exposure across many areas of a business, not just sales. Lastly, there are countless social opportunities which are a nice way to meet more people in the company, who you wouldn't necessarily work with. 

How much responsibility do you have?
I would say I’ve been presented with a high level of responsibility as part of my role involves having to work with senior management on a weekly basis. There’s a real sense that we aren’t just interns. If I wasn't to deliver, people would notice and there would be impacts to the business, which I love.

What has been your biggest challenge?
My biggest challenge would have to be understanding the businesses process and how the industry works. This will be a challenge to most new starters; however, I felt my team were instrumental in building my confidence and guiding me to the point where I feel like a valued member of company.

What advice would you give students applying to your role?
When writing your CV and Cover Letter try and make it original and personal, that’s the best way to get your foot in the door. During the interview don’t feel like it’s an interrogation, Take-Two has developed a relaxed culture which really showed in my interview. My final advice would be to ensure you do your research of the company and the industry, that’s what's really going to make you shine during the application process.


Grace Samuel - 2019/2020
Position
International Brand Intern (2K)
Degree
BSc Business Management (University of Reading)
How did you find the application process?
I first applied for this role in March, having seen it advertised through an email sent from my Uni’s Careers team. As this was later in the year I was starting to feel really stressed, however the straightforward and easy to follow application process here was excellent and put me at ease. I felt the online testing formed a good basis for what is required for my role.
What do you enjoy most about your role?
I love the creative aspects of my work, such as working closely with the design team to create promotional materials for campaigns. As well as this my role involved a great deal of speaking with our international offices and external agencies. This may sound cliché, but I really do feel like a valued member of my team.

How much responsibility do you have?
After only 3 months, I have already been given multiple projects and the freedom to be as creative as I want. I’ve been receiving consistent feedback from my team which compliments the company’s culture of continuous improvement and growth.
What has been your biggest challenge?
As someone who didn't play video games before my placement, I felt there was a great deal to learn, such as processes and industry jargon. However, with a supportive team and a fun working environment I feel much more confident with my knowledge of the industry and my job as a whole.
What advice would you give students applying to your role?
 Make the most of working in teams before you start, as we have a highly collaborative working environment here. I’d say a big one is don’t feel put off if you don’t huge knowledge of the gaming industry. A good attitude to want to learn and get involved will go a long way in your application as well as your time here.

Ellie Mansell – 2014/2015
International Sales & Planning Manager (T2)
Degree
BA Business and Management (University of Reading)
About 
During my placement year at Take-Two, I started as an intern in the UK sales team, assisting the Trade Marketing Manager implement retail campaigns. I worked across the launches of 6 different 2K and Rockstar Games products, including GTA V on PS4/XB1. Since graduating, I re-joined to work in International Sales, in conjunction with the teams in our European, Australian and Asia offices. We work together to manage the lifecycle of our products and coordinate the commercial strategy across all customer facing platforms, both physical outlets and digital partners.


Why did you choose to work at Take-Two?
Although not a hardcore gamer myself (I used to play The Sims!), I have developed a huge appreciation for the excitement in the video games industry. It is a fast-paced environment with technology driving rapid change and frequent updates of software and hardware launches. Take-Two are at the forefront and one of the companies leading this evolution.
What is your top tip for working in this company?
At Take-Two we value people who voice their opinions and communicate confidently – so make sure you listen and absorb as much as possible but be ready to have something to say when asked!
Which personality traits or skills would you say aid success in this industry?
Be open minded and flexible to adapt – I am amazed how much my job has changed in the 3 years I have been here. We often have varied working approaches across 2K, Rockstar Games and Private Division. Taking initiative, being proactive in your work and within your team can go a long way.

What do you most like about working at Take-Two?
We have great exposure to senior managers across the business, with regular visits and open Q&A sessions with our Chairman and Global Exec team. I am also fortunate to be able to travel with my role and working with different teams across the varied territories is fascinating.
  

Taran Houghton 2019/20

https://careers.take2games.com/international/iernship-progamme
Position
Human Resources Intern (T2)

Degree
BSc Psychology (City, University of London)

How did you find the application process?
As this was my first formal interview, I was quite nervous. I was instantly put at ease by the candid nature of the interview. The team here definitely have the mentality of getting the best out of an applicant during the interview rather than trying to catch them out with difficult questions. 

What do you enjoy most about your role?
The people side, coming from a background in psychology – wellbeing is very important to me, I’ve been given many chances to help find new ways to increase and maintain employee happiness. Additionally, the numerous social events, such as the launch parties or the Halloween party, have been really fun and a great way to meet people.

How much responsibility do you have?
Much more than I initially expected. I feel that my team have balanced giving me lots of important work to do while never forgetting that this is my first HR experience, everyone has been very accommodating to my constant barrage of questions. My ideas are always considered and some I’ve been able to develop to proper projects. I don’t feel like an intern even though I have the support of one. 

What has been your biggest challenge?
I think approaching every situation with confidence has been tricky. In HR you have to deal with the entire company so there’s a lot of roles, faces and names to remember, as well as over-coming any initial awkwardness. I definitely think my confidence has surged since starting here and will continue to do so over the course of the internship.

What advice would you give students applying to your role?
Do some research beforehand, show that you’re interested in the company, the culture and depending on your role the wider industry. However, this doesn’t mean that you should feel excluded if you aren’t a massive fan of video games, it really isn’t a requirement. As I mentioned before, the interviewers want to get the best answers from you – they aren’t looking to catch you out. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.