Enterprise, EY, IBM, PwC, SAP, Toyota, Verizon, VMware and Xerox set up their stands in the Moore building foyer and spent a busy few hours talking to Royal Holloway Year in Business students across both 1st and 2nd year.
The placement fair corresponded with a YIB Information Evening for 2nd year students and a Call Back afternoon for 3rd year students out on placement so we saw considerable mingling of the different year groups. It was especially good to witness the enthusiasm of 1st years who realise it is important to start networking and finding out about different placement options ahead of their 2nd year. We were also joined by a number of MBA students who have the option to do a Year in Business as part of their programme too.
All 2nd year Year in Business students at the information evening were encouraged to:
- look at the "Preparation for Placement manual" found on the Year in Business moodle page
- book a 1:1 careers appointment with a Year in Business careers advisor. Appointments can be booked via Katharine.Radford@royalholloway.ac.uk or Emma.Baker@royalholloway.ac.uk.
- use the resources on the Careers and employability moodle page (CV guidance, pyschometric tests, interview preparation, assessment centre examples)
- attend all appropriate YIB workshops, Careers events and Employability course module.
- take advantage of the many Company/ Alumni led events during Royal Holloway's Business and Finance week (17th - 21st October) https://www.royalholloway.ac.uk/careers/events/events/business-and-finance-week.aspx
2nd yr Year in Business students can find links to the placement opportunities within those companies who attended the fair below.
https://www.enterprisealive.co.uk/spring-and-summer-internships/ -vacancies across all locations
https://www.enterprisealive.co.uk/?s=Egham&x=0&y=0 -- vacancies at head office (Egham)