Thursday 24 September 2015

Placement at the Walt Disney Company

This is a guest post from Hippolyte Petit . Hippolyte is is studying on the 4 year  BSc Management with International Business (Year in Business) and has been out on placement with The Walt Disney Company since June.




Since I have joined the Walt Disney Company in May 2015, there has not been a day without learning something new. As part of the social media & digital acquisition regional teams, I am lucky to work with Disney offices across 20 different countries. Star Wars, Marvel or Walt Disney studios represent amazing contents to work on and awesome opportunities to develop creativity. 



Hippolyte - working at The Walt Disney Company
Doing a placement in digital marketing, in one of the most renowned multinationals, is extremely inspiring, boosting and challenging. 
Surrounded by talented and dynamic digital professionals, I benefit from their great support and truly enjoy my responsibilities here. Daily, my role is to bring digital support to the local teams for the management of their social media channels, reaching up to millions of fans.   Also, I am involved in various online advertisement campaigns, depending mainly on the new-release movies. 
In a nutshell, this position offers me a great immersion in digital, with an overview of paid, owned and earned media.


I would highly recommend to every student to plan a year in business, as part of undergraduate studies. This is a great chance to boost our cv, to start building our professional network and it really helps to determine career perspectives.


My studies at Royal Holloway have helped me to develop the employability skills needed. Hard-working, self-motivation and ambition drove me to this amazing experience; and as Walt Disney said "If you can dream it, you can do it” ! 



Hippolyte Petit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.